This is cool. I feel like it would be complicated to make, but making an aircraft would something that is interesting to me, especially using 3-D printing. It is so cool how technology can help us. Like they said in the video, it is lighter and less expensive and also took a shorter amount of time to design and build.
Wow, this is seriously incredible. It's only 30 pounds and it can travel up to 150mph! It's amazing what 3D printing has done so far, and it seems like it's almost just beginning. I think 3D printing is a definite game changer as far as engineering and all sorts of other things as well.
Wow! Is the first thing I said when I saw this! Though this aircraft is little, it goes FAST! More than 100 mph is fast enough for me! The fact that this was made from mostly a 3D printer is so cool! I was confused when it said it was 3D printed, because I thought it would have been all made by a printer, but it is only 80%. Still a much cheaper and cooler way to build an aircraft. I am excited to see where the future of 3D printing will eventually bring us. :)
I guess i really don't understand how 3D printing works because i dont see how you could print an aircraft. I also don't understand why this is such an exciting thing. But i guess to someone who gets excited by this kind of stuff then they would care.
the drones interest me a lot, my brother owns one and a lot of companies use them to highlight a product, vacation, view, etc. It's amazing to show a major way that the drones are used and how much it makes an impact. 3D drone is a whole new step for technology. You get half the design and build time with the drone. Drones are still growing in the world and increasing demands drastically. This video was an eye opener on how far they are coming not only with drones but with all technology.
This proves the capability of 3D printing. The very first 3D printed jet powered aircraft! It is so amazing. The software is beyond me and It is amazing how they can edit on the computer and its so detailed. Design freedom technology makes it easy for them to create this and program it to do one job. This blows my mind and it saves cost. I can't imagine the new things soon to come out.
I love what 3-D printers are able to accomplish! I think that being able to print aircraft is an amazing new feature of technology and it will help reduce the cost and time spent on the creation of one, mission specific drone. I am only curious as to how much time they actually put into creating the aircraft. They said it was less than doing it the traditional way, but they did not give exact statistics to compare the two so that makes me question how much more efficient it really is. I am so excited to see what 3-D printing will allow us to accomplish in the future in all the different fields of science, but especially in the medical field.
This was really interesting! I think it's really cool how they were able to make such a big drone from a 3D printer and in such a little amount of time.
I think this whole concept is very cool. Drones interest me a lot, because I feel like they will be so helpful with our military and in our every day lives. The 3D printing has definitely changed the world for the better. It is definitely a cheaper alternative to building airplanes. It'll be exciting to see how far it comes in the next couple of years.
3-D printing is one of those topics that just absolutely blows my mind. I simply can't wrap my mind around the concept. It will be very interesting how far 3-D printing will go, and what boundaries it may breach. As for the drone, can I have it? I like fast.
I really like the idea of a drone but I also realize there are times the use of a drone can be used to violate rights. Although making a drone able to track one single thing or to have a single mission there will need to be trials in order to verify these techniques work. Although they mention that the cost are significantly cheaper the cost for trials before the final product were not mentioned. How much is it going to cost before they get the result they desire?
I think it's interesting that all of the parts for this jet can be manufactured from a file that is used to control a 3D printer. With 3D printers becoming increasingly more affordable, it is believable that we could even have one in our own classroom at some point, maybe early, in our teaching career. So many of the products of 3D printing have limited material properties, though, so further advances make the printers even more useful.
This video was interesting to me. I thought it was incredible that the company built a drone just using 3-D printing. I think 3-D printing will not only be useful in projects such as the one shown in the video, but could also be helpful in a classroom environment. 3-D printing is becoming more and more popular, so I am assuming it is becoming more affordable. I just think that if it was used in a school, it would be a great opportunity to show the kids how creative they can be by using technology. If 3-D printing is so advanced now that it can build a drone, I cannot imagine what it is going to be capable of building in the future.
I can barely believe that a 3-D printer created such an awesome drone. 3-D printing is fairly new so I have never gotten a chance to experiment with it, but just from what I know, it would be so fun to use in schools. I love that you can create something through a computer or other forms of technology, and can print a life size, actual model. This would be awesome to use especially in a science class. I would love to use it with my future students. They could create an image that would come to life. The only issue is that it is expensive.
I found this to be really cool! 3D printing has really taken off and is becoming increasingly affordable. It's easy to see how this type of technology will be used to improve our everyday lives. In the case of this video, it is really neat to see how people have implemented this technology for a drone. This type of technology would definitely aid educating people, in the sense of giving people the opportunity to have a hands on experience with designing and implemented and a machine.
I absolutely love this! I personally think it would be difficult to make, but obviously people are very capable of making 3D printings. It blows my mind how light and fast it is. This video was definitely an eye opener to how technology has such a huge impact in our world today.
I think that this is an exciting invention. The fact that it reduces time to build and is inexpensive is great. This could open up doors to so many things that go with travel and aerodynamics.
I really liked this video and found it very interesting. Not only just the drone, 3D printing is becoming bigger and better. 3D printing has the ability to do great things when it comes to simple things modeling and/or architectural needs. But more than that as well, it can be useful for much research such as the drone was. Being able to have to power to create nearly anything can be extremely helpful, or dangerous. For example I recently watch a video about a law student whom made a fully working gun from 3D printing. He is trying to find ways to be able to legally sell the software and tools he used to make this gun to anybody around the world who wants it. I do not agree to with this at all. I do see 3D printing as having a huge future ahead of it and it look forward to hearing and learning about these new creations and watching this technology progress.
This is cool. I feel like it would be complicated to make, but making an aircraft would something that is interesting to me, especially using 3-D printing. It is so cool how technology can help us. Like they said in the video, it is lighter and less expensive and also took a shorter amount of time to design and build.
ReplyDeleteWow, this is seriously incredible. It's only 30 pounds and it can travel up to 150mph! It's amazing what 3D printing has done so far, and it seems like it's almost just beginning. I think 3D printing is a definite game changer as far as engineering and all sorts of other things as well.
ReplyDeleteWow! Is the first thing I said when I saw this! Though this aircraft is little, it goes FAST! More than 100 mph is fast enough for me! The fact that this was made from mostly a 3D printer is so cool! I was confused when it said it was 3D printed, because I thought it would have been all made by a printer, but it is only 80%. Still a much cheaper and cooler way to build an aircraft. I am excited to see where the future of 3D printing will eventually bring us. :)
ReplyDeleteI guess i really don't understand how 3D printing works because i dont see how you could print an aircraft. I also don't understand why this is such an exciting thing. But i guess to someone who gets excited by this kind of stuff then they would care.
ReplyDeletethe drones interest me a lot, my brother owns one and a lot of companies use them to highlight a product, vacation, view, etc. It's amazing to show a major way that the drones are used and how much it makes an impact. 3D drone is a whole new step for technology. You get half the design and build time with the drone. Drones are still growing in the world and increasing demands drastically. This video was an eye opener on how far they are coming not only with drones but with all technology.
ReplyDeleteThis proves the capability of 3D printing. The very first 3D printed jet powered aircraft! It is so amazing. The software is beyond me and It is amazing how they can edit on the computer and its so detailed. Design freedom technology makes it easy for them to create this and program it to do one job. This blows my mind and it saves cost. I can't imagine the new things soon to come out.
ReplyDeleteI love what 3-D printers are able to accomplish! I think that being able to print aircraft is an amazing new feature of technology and it will help reduce the cost and time spent on the creation of one, mission specific drone. I am only curious as to how much time they actually put into creating the aircraft. They said it was less than doing it the traditional way, but they did not give exact statistics to compare the two so that makes me question how much more efficient it really is. I am so excited to see what 3-D printing will allow us to accomplish in the future in all the different fields of science, but especially in the medical field.
ReplyDeleteThis is really cool to see! I never thought 3D printing could go this far and do this much! It really shows you what all technology can do!
ReplyDeleteThis was really interesting! I think it's really cool how they were able to make such a big drone from a 3D printer and in such a little amount of time.
ReplyDeleteI think this whole concept is very cool. Drones interest me a lot, because I feel like they will be so helpful with our military and in our every day lives. The 3D printing has definitely changed the world for the better. It is definitely a cheaper alternative to building airplanes. It'll be exciting to see how far it comes in the next couple of years.
ReplyDelete3-D printing is one of those topics that just absolutely blows my mind. I simply can't wrap my mind around the concept. It will be very interesting how far 3-D printing will go, and what boundaries it may breach. As for the drone, can I have it? I like fast.
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of a drone but I also realize there are times the use of a drone can be used to violate rights. Although making a drone able to track one single thing or to have a single mission there will need to be trials in order to verify these techniques work. Although they mention that the cost are significantly cheaper the cost for trials before the final product were not mentioned. How much is it going to cost before they get the result they desire?
ReplyDeleteI think it's interesting that all of the parts for this jet can be manufactured from a file that is used to control a 3D printer. With 3D printers becoming increasingly more affordable, it is believable that we could even have one in our own classroom at some point, maybe early, in our teaching career. So many of the products of 3D printing have limited material properties, though, so further advances make the printers even more useful.
ReplyDeleteThis video was interesting to me. I thought it was incredible that the company built a drone just using 3-D printing. I think 3-D printing will not only be useful in projects such as the one shown in the video, but could also be helpful in a classroom environment. 3-D printing is becoming more and more popular, so I am assuming it is becoming more affordable. I just think that if it was used in a school, it would be a great opportunity to show the kids how creative they can be by using technology. If 3-D printing is so advanced now that it can build a drone, I cannot imagine what it is going to be capable of building in the future.
ReplyDeleteI can barely believe that a 3-D printer created such an awesome drone. 3-D printing is fairly new so I have never gotten a chance to experiment with it, but just from what I know, it would be so fun to use in schools. I love that you can create something through a computer or other forms of technology, and can print a life size, actual model. This would be awesome to use especially in a science class. I would love to use it with my future students. They could create an image that would come to life. The only issue is that it is expensive.
ReplyDeleteI found this to be really cool! 3D printing has really taken off and is becoming increasingly affordable. It's easy to see how this type of technology will be used to improve our everyday lives. In the case of this video, it is really neat to see how people have implemented this technology for a drone. This type of technology would definitely aid educating people, in the sense of giving people the opportunity to have a hands on experience with designing and implemented and a machine.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this! I personally think it would be difficult to make, but obviously people are very capable of making 3D printings. It blows my mind how light and fast it is. This video was definitely an eye opener to how technology has such a huge impact in our world today.
ReplyDeleteI think that this is an exciting invention. The fact that it reduces time to build and is inexpensive is great. This could open up doors to so many things that go with travel and aerodynamics.
ReplyDeleteI really liked this video and found it very interesting. Not only just the drone, 3D printing is becoming bigger and better. 3D printing has the ability to do great things when it comes to simple things modeling and/or architectural needs. But more than that as well, it can be useful for much research such as the drone was. Being able to have to power to create nearly anything can be extremely helpful, or dangerous. For example I recently watch a video about a law student whom made a fully working gun from 3D printing. He is trying to find ways to be able to legally sell the software and tools he used to make this gun to anybody around the world who wants it. I do not agree to with this at all. I do see 3D printing as having a huge future ahead of it and it look forward to hearing and learning about these new creations and watching this technology progress.
ReplyDelete