Friday, October 23, 2015

Drone Delivery

Check out the plan by Google. Drone Delivery

9 comments:

  1. Personally, I think we will be seeing a lot more of drones coming up in the next few years. I think it's cool that a drone could do small little deliveries because with air time, it would be much quicker than a delivery in a car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is pretty cool, the only thing is my maps on google is constantly messing up. So, if this thing uses those maps to know where it's going or whatever. Wouldn't there be a good chance this thing would go to the wrong place to drop off the package? I guess i would be afraid that my package that I already paid for would get dropped off at the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think drones could be useful for many things, but I never thought about as package deliverers. I think the one downside is that from my knowledge of drones, which is not very strong, they do not travel very quickly. I cannot see how this would increase the speed of package delivery and I fell like it would not be more efficient because drones could only carry one package at a time. It would definitely not work for large packages needing to be delivered. I do see the coolness of it though. Imagine sitting on your back porch, seeing a drone fly over, and a package being dropped down to you! It would be pretty amazing to witness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is mind blowing to think that some day our groceries or things we order online can be delivered to us via robot! I think there are some pretty obvious pros and cons to drones. One positive aspect is that it's much more convenient and might be cheaper. But what if the drone drops it on the ground rather than setting it down nicely? You risk your things getting broken. Also, what if it takes it to the wrong place? I think there's a lot more details to be worked out but it's definitely a revolutionary idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a great idea, but will probably take some time to perfect. I would definitely be faster than delivering by car which would be great cause I hate waiting for my orders. Another thing is that it would be great for delivering medical supplies and other things to the military faster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The drones are a cool idea but I am also a little hesitant about it. As Brooke mentioned, I would be worried that it would get delivered to the wrong house or something. However, it would be nice to get a package within 30 minutes of ordering it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of drone delivery because though there is room for error, the error rate is probably the same, if not less than the human error rate. In addition, it probably much faster and more convenient for the company because they won't have to pay for labor force. The drones offer a faster and more effective way to deliver products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i never thought of delivery by air other than a plane and the fact that a drone can do it would be awesome and a huge step for technology. Air delivery is much quicker than by car. I believe drones will be big in the future and a main source for lots of items and uses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 30 minutes of ordering would be absolutely amazing, drones are going to be big in the future and continue to grow, my brother ones one and he uses it to make videos for companies, etc and they pay him. Drones are the future

    ReplyDelete