I think it's awesome how many different ways there are for technology to better the classroom. It's great to see just how many people use the innovations to want to improve their students, especially in writing and math. In my field placement they have iPads and they will work on them an hour a day, and it's a great thing for them to have because everyone has a different learning pace and that technology helps them to stay on track and they can be wherever they need to be.
This gives a lot of ideas of ways to incorporate technology into the every day classroom (obviously). I think it is good to incorporate a few of these technologies, but I think you also have to be careful not to have your entire classroom based off of technology, especially in early childhood. I do like the idea of creating a website, though. I think it can be a good interactive tool to teach a lesson if you are good at it.
Technology in the classroom is very important. We have to stay current and engage the students in the type of learning they are using at home. Using Ipads in the classroom for geography by using map technology is stimulates the brain by both visual and touch.
I can see both pros and cons with using a lot of technology in the classroom. Some pros are definitely that the students can experience different ways of learning things but I think it can also handicap learning. For example, if a student was to just type all their papers in Microsoft word, it will automatically correct grammar and spelling mistakes in the paper. How would the children learn from their own mistakes if they just had a computer telling them they are wrong all the time and giving them the answers? The students will not learn the why aspect for why they are wrong.
This gives us an bog picture of how to incorporate technology while we teach. It's great to see that we can use technology with any age group, we can help them get involved in classroom activities and so much more!
I think this is so interesting that there are so many new upcoming ways for technology in the classroom. Now a days i feel some teachers struggle with new ways to keep kids interested in school and their work. I know that over half of these interest me and i would use these in the classroom.
I think it is absolutely amazing how many ways technology can be used in the classroom. I think it benefits all types of learning. I believe it can benefit all types of learning styles. Especially with all the different apps and programs that are being made everyday. I think kids and young adults tend to get a little bored with just a teacher speaking to them all day and them listening while trying to retain all information given. Technology, like some of the programs given in this post, can help students to better retain information. For example, note taking apps or voice recording apps. I think it is also beneficial because we eliminate paper usage. With computers, tablets, phones, etc. we are able to save and come back to. There is also no losing the information. So I think it is a great idea to incorporate technology more into the classroom.
I believe that technology can really benefit a classroom. Just from working with kids, I have learned that they tend to get kind of bored. So when we incorporate things that they can do that is hands on, I believe it holds their attention a lot better. Everyone is also known to lose paper documents. Whether it is notes or an essay. With technology we can eliminate the use of paper. Do I think every aspect of learning should be centered around technology? No. I do, however, believe that with some techniques that technology offers us, we can do better to help children learn in the classroom.
I think that all of these new technology tools will be great when used in a classroom. Especially, this day in age I think that children learn best through technology tools, at least most kids. However, I do not think a teacher should only use tools and sources that are based off technology and still include books and non-technology tools.
All of these new technology devices and techniques for the classroom are inspiring and exciting. I think that this could drastically change life in the classroom forever. I am scared of technology in the classroom, personally, but I know that eventually it will become second nature to use it in my lessons.
I think it's awesome how many different ways there are for technology to better the classroom. It's great to see just how many people use the innovations to want to improve their students, especially in writing and math. In my field placement they have iPads and they will work on them an hour a day, and it's a great thing for them to have because everyone has a different learning pace and that technology helps them to stay on track and they can be wherever they need to be.
ReplyDeleteThis gives a lot of ideas of ways to incorporate technology into the every day classroom (obviously). I think it is good to incorporate a few of these technologies, but I think you also have to be careful not to have your entire classroom based off of technology, especially in early childhood. I do like the idea of creating a website, though. I think it can be a good interactive tool to teach a lesson if you are good at it.
ReplyDeleteTechnology in the classroom is very important. We have to stay current and engage the students in the type of learning they are using at home. Using Ipads in the classroom for geography by using map technology is stimulates the brain by both visual and touch.
ReplyDeleteI can see both pros and cons with using a lot of technology in the classroom. Some pros are definitely that the students can experience different ways of learning things but I think it can also handicap learning. For example, if a student was to just type all their papers in Microsoft word, it will automatically correct grammar and spelling mistakes in the paper. How would the children learn from their own mistakes if they just had a computer telling them they are wrong all the time and giving them the answers? The students will not learn the why aspect for why they are wrong.
ReplyDeleteThis gives us an bog picture of how to incorporate technology while we teach. It's great to see that we can use technology with any age group, we can help them get involved in classroom activities and so much more!
ReplyDeleteI think this is so interesting that there are so many new upcoming ways for technology in the classroom. Now a days i feel some teachers struggle with new ways to keep kids interested in school and their work. I know that over half of these interest me and i would use these in the classroom.
ReplyDeleteEmily Bodiker
ReplyDeleteI think it is absolutely amazing how many ways technology can be used in the classroom. I think it benefits all types of learning. I believe it can benefit all types of learning styles. Especially with all the different apps and programs that are being made everyday.
I think kids and young adults tend to get a little bored with just a teacher speaking to them all day and them listening while trying to retain all information given. Technology, like some of the programs given in this post, can help students to better retain information. For example, note taking apps or voice recording apps.
I think it is also beneficial because we eliminate paper usage. With computers, tablets, phones, etc. we are able to save and come back to. There is also no losing the information. So I think it is a great idea to incorporate technology more into the classroom.
I believe that technology can really benefit a classroom. Just from working with kids, I have learned that they tend to get kind of bored. So when we incorporate things that they can do that is hands on, I believe it holds their attention a lot better.
ReplyDeleteEveryone is also known to lose paper documents. Whether it is notes or an essay. With technology we can eliminate the use of paper.
Do I think every aspect of learning should be centered around technology? No. I do, however, believe that with some techniques that technology offers us, we can do better to help children learn in the classroom.
I think that all of these new technology tools will be great when used in a classroom. Especially, this day in age I think that children learn best through technology tools, at least most kids. However, I do not think a teacher should only use tools and sources that are based off technology and still include books and non-technology tools.
ReplyDeleteAll of these new technology devices and techniques for the classroom are inspiring and exciting. I think that this could drastically change life in the classroom forever. I am scared of technology in the classroom, personally, but I know that eventually it will become second nature to use it in my lessons.
ReplyDelete