I thought this video was interesting. I found it very funny to watch, especially with the coded email in the end from Solomon. I was impressed that Solomon kept responding to James for so long. I always thought spam was sent by automatic messages that go out to hundreds of people. I didn't think a person would actually respond and go along with the emails. I think it is great that James sent back emails to several spam emailers. I know I would never do that. -Breanna Wetzel
I love TED talks but I particularly enjoy James Veitch's TED talk in response to spam email. He took a very clever approach to taking care of these unwanted emails that many people receive. My favorite part was when he made the spammer talk in code and he had to say the bank was a "giant gummy lizard"! It would be interesting to see if James did any more TED talks!
I really enjoyed this video, it was funny and I wanted to keep watching it. The comedian responding to spam was entertaining and fun to watch. I felt interested the whole video and was amused by the way he talked to the spam emails. I have never seen anyone do this before and seeing him do it was cool and I don't think it was mean. I like how he's wasting their time instead of having them waste other innocent peoples time. The video was very funny.
This video was very funny to me because everyone freaks out about SPAM emails. They freak out and think the world is going to end. Thinking their computers will crash and etc. To James Veitch, he went on a different course. Which is funny because he made it a huge joke. That's why I feel like a lot of people need to watch this video so they can relax and realize it's just someone trying to sell something and just hit delete. There's not much more to it.
I thought that this video was witty, entertaining and a bit inspiring. James took a rather irritating subject (spam mail) and turned it into something that he could enjoy. This is very interesting to me, because I would have never thought to do this. I really appreciate James turning a negative into a positive and sharing it with the world.
I think this is brilliant. I always open my email and recurve at the minimum 1-2 spam e-mails. I always am afraid that a virus or something bad could come of it so I quickly delete it, but now after watching this video, maybe it's time to have some fun! I think the way that James responds gives the spammer false hope and leads them on in the funniest way. My favorite part was when he wanted to talk in "code". Very funny video.
I found this video quite interesting. I, myself, have never considered responding to spam mail; I really don't give it a second thought after I hit the delete button. Mr. Veitch makes an extremely good point though - the time a scammer spends occupied by him is one less person being taken advantage of. Great video!! Game me a few laughs.
I really enjoyed this video. It made me think about how many spam emails I receive and just ignore. But it also makes me think about how so many people are actually scammed in the process of receiving such emails. It is good to know that there are people out there that try and help prevent spams, and scammers from getting to more people. I enjoyed that this man did not have to be harmful in the process, because so many people in today's society would be.
I found the video funny but also informative. I have always been told not to respond to spam but I never thought about making a fake email to mess with people. I still try to avoid spam though in case my computer gets a virus or something.
I personally think James Veitch responded to spam emails in a very creative way trying to eventually slow down or demolish the spam emails getting to other potential victims.
I thought this video was very inspirational in a way. I think it is great that someone out there, like this comedian, is looking out for people. Scammers are getting more and more aggressive. I think it's great that he is having fun with it also. I don't see any harm in it. I think this because if they are the tack to message us then we should be able to respond freely. I don't agree with people being mean about it though. I think he went about this in a great way.
I personally find it funny that we as a society are almost to afraid to respond to these spam emails. On the one side, they could have a virus but on the other it can show us this whole other side of the internet. For example, in this video James was able to show just how exactly these scam artiest make there money of many people. So I think its important that from this video we learn that there is a difference in which emails are important and which are just there to either waste your time and or money. I think many people need to informed of how these scam artist do this and through this very funny James vinch was able to do that.
I thought this video was very humorous. I also think however, that it was informative too. I personally always have gotten SPAM emails and I always opened them knowing that they were useless. I thought it was very funny how he replied to them and kept the conversation going. Ever since I watch this video I have noticed that I sometimes take the time to read the SPAM emails, even though I don’t have the guts to reply to them. I am very glad I could get laughs out of this video!
I have to agree with some of the other students. Spam mail could carry viruses that could easily get onto the computer just from opening it. I stay far away from the spam folder in my email. From the video I got more of a laugh than anything. And I do believe that if more people felt comfortable enough to reply to spam mail, they should. It could possibly slow down spammers. -MARQUITA NICHOLS
This video is very entertaining. I always delete emails right away if they look like spam because I don't want to risk getting a virus. But this guy seemed to have fun with messing with the spam email people.
I thought this video was interesting. I found it very funny to watch, especially with the coded email in the end from Solomon. I was impressed that Solomon kept responding to James for so long. I always thought spam was sent by automatic messages that go out to hundreds of people. I didn't think a person would actually respond and go along with the emails. I think it is great that James sent back emails to several spam emailers. I know I would never do that. -Breanna Wetzel
ReplyDeleteI love TED talks but I particularly enjoy James Veitch's TED talk in response to spam email. He took a very clever approach to taking care of these unwanted emails that many people receive. My favorite part was when he made the spammer talk in code and he had to say the bank was a "giant gummy lizard"! It would be interesting to see if James did any more TED talks!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this video, it was funny and I wanted to keep watching it. The comedian responding to spam was entertaining and fun to watch. I felt interested the whole video and was amused by the way he talked to the spam emails. I have never seen anyone do this before and seeing him do it was cool and I don't think it was mean. I like how he's wasting their time instead of having them waste other innocent peoples time. The video was very funny.
ReplyDeleteThis video was very funny to me because everyone freaks out about SPAM emails. They freak out and think the world is going to end. Thinking their computers will crash and etc. To James Veitch, he went on a different course. Which is funny because he made it a huge joke. That's why I feel like a lot of people need to watch this video so they can relax and realize it's just someone trying to sell something and just hit delete. There's not much more to it.
ReplyDeleteI thought that this video was witty, entertaining and a bit inspiring. James took a rather irritating subject (spam mail) and turned it into something that he could enjoy. This is very interesting to me, because I would have never thought to do this. I really appreciate James turning a negative into a positive and sharing it with the world.
ReplyDeleteI think this is brilliant. I always open my email and recurve at the minimum 1-2 spam e-mails. I always am afraid that a virus or something bad could come of it so I quickly delete it, but now after watching this video, maybe it's time to have some fun! I think the way that James responds gives the spammer false hope and leads them on in the funniest way. My favorite part was when he wanted to talk in "code". Very funny video.
ReplyDeleteI found this video quite interesting. I, myself, have never considered responding to spam mail; I really don't give it a second thought after I hit the delete button. Mr. Veitch makes an extremely good point though - the time a scammer spends occupied by him is one less person being taken advantage of. Great video!! Game me a few laughs.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this video. It made me think about how many spam emails I receive and just ignore. But it also makes me think about how so many people are actually scammed in the process of receiving such emails. It is good to know that there are people out there that try and help prevent spams, and scammers from getting to more people. I enjoyed that this man did not have to be harmful in the process, because so many people in today's society would be.
ReplyDeleteI found the video funny but also informative. I have always been told not to respond to spam but I never thought about making a fake email to mess with people. I still try to avoid spam though in case my computer gets a virus or something.
ReplyDeleteI personally think James Veitch responded to spam emails in a very creative way trying to eventually slow down or demolish the spam emails getting to other potential victims.
ReplyDeleteI thought this video was very inspirational in a way. I think it is great that someone out there, like this comedian, is looking out for people. Scammers are getting more and more aggressive. I think it's great that he is having fun with it also. I don't see any harm in it. I think this because if they are the tack to message us then we should be able to respond freely. I don't agree with people being mean about it though. I think he went about this in a great way.
ReplyDeleteI personally find it funny that we as a society are almost to afraid to respond to these spam emails. On the one side, they could have a virus but on the other it can show us this whole other side of the internet. For example, in this video James was able to show just how exactly these scam artiest make there money of many people. So I think its important that from this video we learn that there is a difference in which emails are important and which are just there to either waste your time and or money. I think many people need to informed of how these scam artist do this and through this very funny James vinch was able to do that.
ReplyDeleteI thought this video was very humorous. I also think however, that it was informative too. I personally always have gotten SPAM emails and I always opened them knowing that they were useless. I thought it was very funny how he replied to them and kept the conversation going. Ever since I watch this video I have noticed that I sometimes take the time to read the SPAM emails, even though I don’t have the guts to reply to them. I am very glad I could get laughs out of this video!
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with some of the other students. Spam mail could carry viruses that could easily get onto the computer just from opening it. I stay far away from the spam folder in my email. From the video I got more of a laugh than anything. And I do believe that if more people felt comfortable enough to reply to spam mail, they should. It could possibly slow down spammers.
ReplyDelete-MARQUITA NICHOLS
This video is very entertaining. I always delete emails right away if they look like spam because I don't want to risk getting a virus. But this guy seemed to have fun with messing with the spam email people.
ReplyDelete