I think it's interesting that Apple is still working to become accepted in educational and industrial applications. As someone who used a PC until my freshman year of college, I understand that apprehension of switching operating systems, but I had very little trouble with the switch. Many of the people I know that are computer science or related majors strongly prefer PC, and I think this may be part of why education and business haven't made a more drastic switch--to keep the IT crew happy!
I did think it was noteworthy to mention what this video said about the "ecosystem of education solutions" available for OS. I think that's where the real value of apple products lies. Apple uses mostly Apple parts to make an Apple computer that runs Apple's operating system. If they continue to promote their own education software and help third-party developers produce applications as well, they should be able to offer solutions to most educational needs through their products.
I think the point of making apple a useful tool at work, school, and home is convenient and allows for further understanding when using the same type of products on a regular basis. I also think this will take away from the competition that there normally is when in fields such as computer engineering or daily uses. Although I myself love mac I also know there are some tools that work better with PCs. It allows not only economic competitions but brand competition. Without natural competition prices may also increase if there is only one option available. Although I also agree the iPhone and the Macs are easily accessible I've heard others say they find it harder to work. Once there are more versions foreseen I think people will become more comfortable with the Apple platform. I'm also interested to see what the apple watch evolves into over the next year(s).
I find it interesting that so many people prefer Apple products. I know many people who love Apple and choose for all of their devices to be Apple. I, however, prefer Android phones and PCs over Apple products. I think that it is because I am not familiar with Apple products and because they are simple and don't always allow for the same applications and functions as Androids or PCs. I am now realizing that I probably need to become familiar with Apple products because, as this video suggests, people and companies in the education and business world are adapting to Apple. Therefore, I think it would be smart for me to learn to use Apple products as well.
Just as this man stated in this video, Apple is emerging and I have been one to witness this. Looking back, when I attended grade school, we learned how to operate PC's and PC programs. As time has went on, I have noticed more and more Apple products being used. Now that I am in college, I look around a see almost nothing but Apple products. I have always owned a PC but I have just recently (yesterday!!) converted to an Apple Macbook Pro. I have used them in the past and I do believe they are easier to manage, especially with the new Windows programs coming out. I bought a new PC about a year ago and have been unhappy with it ever since I first started using it. I highly dislike Windows 8 and I find it very difficult to use. However, even with the new updates for Apple, I can still comfortably use their products with minor changes, which are improvements. About four years ago, I bought my first iPhone and I was very nervous about switching to something I was unfamiliar with, but the switch was a lot easier than one would think. Same with switching laptops; I find Apple programs very similar with improved management. I do not believe we should rule out PC's completely, because flexibility and know-how will help in any career field; however, I am willingly undergoing the conversion to Apple products. Yes, I will be a statistic mentioned in this video.
I think that Apple emerging in classrooms and education is not a bad thing. I used an IPad through out high school and it was really convenient. We typed papers, turned things in, and did any kind of assignment on our devices. Which is really nice. It is paperless and you can't really lose your work. The different apps that are provided through the school was really nice too. Especially because they were really educational and beneficial to us. Apple should be allowed in schools and used. They really aren't awful products to use.
I find this very interesting. I do believe everything he is saying is correct, even though I've never owned an apple product. But I do believe he knows his stuff pretty well even to understand why companies, schools, and other people would rather pick apple. I see apple computers in every classroom now a days and I do wonder why sometimes, but other times it becomes natural to see one. To me, I think apple might be more easier to use rather than another type of technology because everyone is growing up learning apples but not other types of products. Students might know how to work apples rather than other types of products which might be good for their generation learning so quickly about technology in the future. My family has owned a Dell computer for as long as I can remember and my parents feel like they are very well kept computers so my siblings and I all have one and we all like them. We honestly have no complaints but I can see the big difference using a apple computer at school vs. my dell computer at home.
I know many people who prefer apple products and even though I've never had one, I admit some of their aspects are cool. I think apple products in classrooms is great for education. I volunteered in a 7th grade science classroom last year and they had a bunch of Ipads donated to help with their learning. I helped the teacher find educational apps that could help them with more hands on learning.
I think it's interesting that Apple is still working to become accepted in educational and industrial applications. As someone who used a PC until my freshman year of college, I understand that apprehension of switching operating systems, but I had very little trouble with the switch. Many of the people I know that are computer science or related majors strongly prefer PC, and I think this may be part of why education and business haven't made a more drastic switch--to keep the IT crew happy!
ReplyDeleteI did think it was noteworthy to mention what this video said about the "ecosystem of education solutions" available for OS. I think that's where the real value of apple products lies. Apple uses mostly Apple parts to make an Apple computer that runs Apple's operating system. If they continue to promote their own education software and help third-party developers produce applications as well, they should be able to offer solutions to most educational needs through their products.
I think the point of making apple a useful tool at work, school, and home is convenient and allows for further understanding when using the same type of products on a regular basis. I also think this will take away from the competition that there normally is when in fields such as computer engineering or daily uses. Although I myself love mac I also know there are some tools that work better with PCs. It allows not only economic competitions but brand competition. Without natural competition prices may also increase if there is only one option available. Although I also agree the iPhone and the Macs are easily accessible I've heard others say they find it harder to work. Once there are more versions foreseen I think people will become more comfortable with the Apple platform. I'm also interested to see what the apple watch evolves into over the next year(s).
ReplyDeleteI find it interesting that so many people prefer Apple products. I know many people who love Apple and choose for all of their devices to be Apple. I, however, prefer Android phones and PCs over Apple products. I think that it is because I am not familiar with Apple products and because they are simple and don't always allow for the same applications and functions as Androids or PCs. I am now realizing that I probably need to become familiar with Apple products because, as this video suggests, people and companies in the education and business world are adapting to Apple. Therefore, I think it would be smart for me to learn to use Apple products as well.
ReplyDeleteJust as this man stated in this video, Apple is emerging and I have been one to witness this. Looking back, when I attended grade school, we learned how to operate PC's and PC programs. As time has went on, I have noticed more and more Apple products being used. Now that I am in college, I look around a see almost nothing but Apple products. I have always owned a PC but I have just recently (yesterday!!) converted to an Apple Macbook Pro. I have used them in the past and I do believe they are easier to manage, especially with the new Windows programs coming out. I bought a new PC about a year ago and have been unhappy with it ever since I first started using it. I highly dislike Windows 8 and I find it very difficult to use. However, even with the new updates for Apple, I can still comfortably use their products with minor changes, which are improvements. About four years ago, I bought my first iPhone and I was very nervous about switching to something I was unfamiliar with, but the switch was a lot easier than one would think. Same with switching laptops; I find Apple programs very similar with improved management. I do not believe we should rule out PC's completely, because flexibility and know-how will help in any career field; however, I am willingly undergoing the conversion to Apple products. Yes, I will be a statistic mentioned in this video.
ReplyDeleteI think that Apple emerging in classrooms and education is not a bad thing. I used an IPad through out high school and it was really convenient. We typed papers, turned things in, and did any kind of assignment on our devices. Which is really nice. It is paperless and you can't really lose your work. The different apps that are provided through the school was really nice too. Especially because they were really educational and beneficial to us. Apple should be allowed in schools and used. They really aren't awful products to use.
ReplyDeleteI find this very interesting. I do believe everything he is saying is correct, even though I've never owned an apple product. But I do believe he knows his stuff pretty well even to understand why companies, schools, and other people would rather pick apple. I see apple computers in every classroom now a days and I do wonder why sometimes, but other times it becomes natural to see one. To me, I think apple might be more easier to use rather than another type of technology because everyone is growing up learning apples but not other types of products. Students might know how to work apples rather than other types of products which might be good for their generation learning so quickly about technology in the future. My family has owned a Dell computer for as long as I can remember and my parents feel like they are very well kept computers so my siblings and I all have one and we all like them. We honestly have no complaints but I can see the big difference using a apple computer at school vs. my dell computer at home.
ReplyDeleteI know many people who prefer apple products and even though I've never had one, I admit some of their aspects are cool. I think apple products in classrooms is great for education. I volunteered in a 7th grade science classroom last year and they had a bunch of Ipads donated to help with their learning. I helped the teacher find educational apps that could help them with more hands on learning.
ReplyDelete