Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Exoskeleton

18 comments:

  1. I love this! It makes me so happy that they have created this to allow people to walk again. He says he wears the robot and he's not the robot to make it known that he still is the his same normal self, just with a little help. It makes me happy they are making this easy for people who cannot afford some big fancy machine to help them walk so anyone can have an opportunity to walk one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the exoskeleton. It would be a great opportunity for those who cannot walk, but want to do so. I agree that it would be extremely expensive. I just would wonder how long do the exoskeletons last? Also, could they get wet from the weather and not get ruined? Because if they can't get wet, I feel like it would kind of be a hassle to have an exoskeleton. The weather is constantly changing and during Spring and stuff, those who have an exoskeleton would have challenges trying to get place to place without getting wet. Other than that, if they can figure out a way to make exoskeletons more affordable, I think it would be a great investment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This video was highly informative and interesting to me. I think it is very cool that we have the technology to give mobility to the people who need it. The opportunities behind this technology are endless, and I am so excited to see what the future holds for this section of research and knowledge. This could give new life to the people who would have no life without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is an amazing technology to have and be continuously creating. The ability to make this affordable has the chance to change the lives of many veterans and those who have been born or injured. The ability to make this affordable will also decrease the "profits" those who create it are looking for but it can also make them more money when they make it more profitable to every day people rather than only allowing a select few who can actually pay the cost of the technology. This can also give people a better life because they can now do more things on their own making them self reliant which can help them day to day as well as long term. I hope there is more investment into making this a cheaper option for those who desperately need the technology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This technology is very revolutionary. I believe it is incredible that we are giving abilities back to those who have lost them of never had them. It is an incredible source of therapy and may have many health benefits to those that it helps. The product is also more affordable than the other current products which will be amazing as it will offer more advanced technology to those who are disabled and not as fortunate financially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this technology is incredible. I never would have guessed that someone who is paralyzed could "wear a robot" and be able to walk again. Even though a paralyzed person can't walk on his/her own, simply having the movement and freedom to feel like they're walking is wonderful. I hope this company can accomplish their dream of selling this technology for a reasonable price that way more people can have the opportunity to get back on their feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this technology is incredible. I never would have guessed that someone who is paralyzed could "wear a robot" and be able to walk again. Even though a paralyzed person can't walk on his/her own, simply having the movement and freedom to feel like they're walking is wonderful. I hope this company can accomplish their dream of selling this technology for a reasonable price that way more people can have the opportunity to get back on their feet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought this was a great video. Once you are put into a wheelchair, you don't get to experience walking like everyone else. Building things like this is just amazing. I also loved that they are trying to make it affordable for everyone. I think everyone deserves an equal opportunity in this life. Being able to walk should definitely be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fact that we are able to come up with a bionic machine that can help reteach a person how to walk is amazing. Im sure it is hard enough to make and come up with, which is why it is so expensive, however, not everyone who needs the machine can afford it. I think it would be great to find a cheaper way to replicate it, that way more people get the opportunity to use such a great invention. Training the body to relearn how to walk, and/or just completely starting over is so hard to do, but technology makes it so much easier. I think this machine is amazing and it gives people who were unable to walk, a chance to regain the confidence an ability.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found the video interesting and I enjoyed it. I think it's interesting how people can make this with the new technology and help people. I feel that this innovation will help humanity and lots of people who can't walk. It made me happy to be able to see people who can't walk, walk. I'm amazed by the new technology and how it can help everyone. I hope to see this help more people in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! Trying to make such a terrific invention into a affordable one is fantastic. I think it is great that there are people out there trying to better the world by some things like this. I love the idea and hope that they can make this invention affordable for everyone who is unable to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If my understanding is correct of the exoskeleton, it's a rehab method to help get motivated-driven, paralyzed people to walk again. It's amazing how technology can assist with so man different things for the handicap and more. I believe that's it would be great if they can create these exoskeletons and sell them at a low cost.
    -Marquita Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that this form of robotics is a really good way for people with disabilities to gain the ability to walk again. It gives them back their sense of belonging. They are now able to do the everyday tasks that people without disabilities, take for granted. I love that this technology is using actual people for insight so that the equipment is specifically designed for those individuals. This can also be a great way for people to rehabilitate. I am really excited to see where this technology takes us in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love this new technology for certain people with disabilities. I think this is a great way for people to accomplish or overcome their disabilities. I would love to encourage my future students to get this form of robotics to help them in the classroom and possibly on the playground. This will be great for children and adults to go through rehab.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is great. I love how they are trying to make the technology affordable. I am amazed by how far technology is coming along in helping people in various aspects of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is amazing because it shows beyond anyone's disabilities you can overcome everything and anything if you really try.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely amazing! Not only does this help people but the technology it self is truly remarkable. I hope that they are able to stay on track and make that afortable for many people because imagine how if kids who are in wheels chairs were able to interact with class mates a little more then now. This could literally make so many peoples dreams of walking or being out of the chair they've been in for hours come true. I hope that one day this is a thing that I'll see people with!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I recently heard a story of someone who was paralyzed from the waste down and it made me think of this video. If this type of technology could become wide spread then so many people would get the opportunity to walk again and have their function back. I hope that more and more developments come along so that more and more people can be helped.

    ReplyDelete