This is very interesting! I had the same thought at first: how can this thing emitting those waves not be harmful? But it makes sense! I wonder how much longer this will make people keep their phones. I always know it's time to get a new phone when the battery has a hard time holding a charge, but it seems like that problem might not even exist if it's almost always charging!
Yea I had that exact concern of holding the battery. Im not sure how it'll work if we are always charging devices but its crazy how fast technology is growing right in front of our eyes!
This is the biggest problem I have with this new technology. Your battery can only perform so many charges. Once it reaches the max amount, it is done for. Overcharging is another issue I have. Overcharging your battery leads to swelling and ultimately a replacement battery. I think some more research will need to be done. I would not like my battery to be charged even when it is at 100%.
This is really interesting though I still question the safety of this device. Nobody thought x-rays machines were dangerous when they first came out. We still don't know all the possible side effects of cell phone use let alone a signal being sent out to charge your phone.
Im not too sure how theyll make this safe for everyone. Maybe as long as they only have it in one room in the house like he said the kitchen and as long as were not around it as much then maybe it wont be very harmful to us
I think that this is pretty cool and I can't wait to have it for my phone!! I didn't even know that they were thinking about making something like that!
I love the idea of this charger! I am constantly forgetting my charger when I stay at a friend's house and most of my friends have androids while i have an Iphone! It would be awesome to be able to just link up to it and charge my phone whenever I am on wifi. My only question would be this: how many devices can be linked up to it and charging at one time and what is the range of the main piece? If your phone can only be three feet away it does not do a whole lot of good unless you have multiple ports placed all around the house.
I think this is a really good idea and an even better idea when you can use anyone's charger no matter what kind of phone it is as long as its on Wifi then you are connected. I think there might be some problems to this charger like the signal going in and out while you walk through out your house.
Who would even think of something so dynamic such as this? Im amazed at what we can do and as long as we have an idea for something it can be made possible. The only thing that I was thinking about while this video was playing was what happens to the devices charging ability if its constantly being charged. I know that at&t told me to let my phone completely die at least once a month so that it can continue to use the full amount of charge. If your charge never gets down to 1% then it'll somehow stop using it and it'll die at 2% because that last percent is no longer working. I wonder if were constantly charging our phones if they would have to stay that way and end up needing at least like 80% charge to work. Other than that one concern this seems effortless and will make people never have to worry about cables or chargers again.
If 100% safe, this product is going revolutionize the way we charge all devices, and make these guys a lot of money. I love the idea because phones would last much longer because the battery would not experience full cycle energy losses. The reason I would utilize this technology is because I have ruined countless chargers. Either the wiring goes bad, or the part that plugs into the phone breaks off. This idea could also eliminate the number of outlets needed in today's world, which could reduce the number of fires. I will defiantly be looking at this product's price point in the future.
This is a brilliant idea. I will be interested to see how it affects these technologies and the way they are constructed in the future. I, too, have similar questions about it like my classmates have. How far would the range be on something like that? Would you be able to use it like wifi? It is very exciting to see these types of technology advance like this, and makes me wonder what they will come out with next.
I think as long as this was safe, it would be the best thing EVER! We would never have to buy batteries again. Im sure it would cost a lot to buy one but in the long run it would be worth it because you would not be buying batteries anymore.
This is a good idea for charging your phone but I would honestly just use my phone charger. It's easier and seems less difficult. Although I do think many people will be interested and benefit from this.
This is really interesting and things like this always make me think, what's next? Flying cars? I wonder if they are going to find ways that it may harm people in the future. I feel like this will keep people on their phone even more than they already are, since they don't have to sit near where it's plugged in. I'm interested to see if this actually becomes popular or not.
This kind of shows how fast technology is improving, I just found out about the wireless charger that you had to sit your phone on, but now I'm learning they're improving that! This would be great for anyone with a life, but even more for the teachers who use techonolgy all the time. We could make anything we wanted portable and not have to worry about it dying. I'm sure there will be a way to connect to more than one device not too long after this. Its pretty great!
I think that this is definitely a great idea since there is such a high need for electricity to charge electronics these days. However, I am concerned by the way the devices will be charged through "radio waves." I feel like this could cause major health defects. I wonder if there is a better way of going about the charging, perhaps through the use of mini solar panels? I feel like this would be less expensive and less harmful to people's bodies. If an idea like this were to kick off though, I may be a fantastic thing to kick off at schools. Students would be able to use Ipads and other devices to learn with, without the mess of cords or the pain of plugging the devices in to charge. Overall, I think that this is a very good potential idea. However, I think that there are several things that can be changed to better it. I am excited to see where this will lead our society in the future!
I think this is very neat and showing how much technology is changing everyday. It makes it possible for everyone to have technology at their hand 24/7...which I'm not too sure if that's okay. Sometimes, you don't need to have your phone at hand throughout the day. It's like those watches where you can still text if your phone is no where to be found. I just feel like this is changing the world in a way that we might not be ready for. Students will be using their cell phones nonstop and overall everyone will be. Sometimes it's nice to have your phone die and you actually look up from the cell phone and enjoy being around their families or friends and such.
I think this wireless way of charging devices would be great, especially in classrooms. With technology being more popular in classrooms today, students and teachers do not have to worry about their devices going dead. It is also less of a hassle to have to worry about if you brought your device's charger cord. I know I personally forget my charger all the time so to have an invention such as this would be amazing.
I think this is amazing. I love the idea of never having to charge a phone ever again. It's always a Nuisance to grab the charger and plug the phone in. I was worried about how safe it was for humans but he made a valid point by saying that if our cellphone is considered safe, then that machine that wirelessly charges it, is safe as well. I would love to have one of these to own. I think it would be useful to have them everywhere that way phones never die. Hopefully mulitiple devices can charge on the same machine at once. I would love to see this become a thing.
I think as long as this was safe, it is a good idea. We would never have to buy batteries again and I think that is very interesting, considering some people need batteries for their phones. It would also be beneficial in a classroom because of all the devices that are used and will be used. I think having a charger all the time would be amazing, my phone is always dying no matter what so I think it's a great idea!
This is very interesting! I had the same thought at first: how can this thing emitting those waves not be harmful? But it makes sense! I wonder how much longer this will make people keep their phones. I always know it's time to get a new phone when the battery has a hard time holding a charge, but it seems like that problem might not even exist if it's almost always charging!
ReplyDeleteYea I had that exact concern of holding the battery. Im not sure how it'll work if we are always charging devices but its crazy how fast technology is growing right in front of our eyes!
DeleteThis is the biggest problem I have with this new technology. Your battery can only perform so many charges. Once it reaches the max amount, it is done for. Overcharging is another issue I have. Overcharging your battery leads to swelling and ultimately a replacement battery. I think some more research will need to be done. I would not like my battery to be charged even when it is at 100%.
DeleteThis is really interesting though I still question the safety of this device. Nobody thought x-rays machines were dangerous when they first came out. We still don't know all the possible side effects of cell phone use let alone a signal being sent out to charge your phone.
ReplyDeleteIm not too sure how theyll make this safe for everyone. Maybe as long as they only have it in one room in the house like he said the kitchen and as long as were not around it as much then maybe it wont be very harmful to us
DeleteI think that this is pretty cool and I can't wait to have it for my phone!! I didn't even know that they were thinking about making something like that!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of this charger! I am constantly forgetting my charger when I stay at a friend's house and most of my friends have androids while i have an Iphone! It would be awesome to be able to just link up to it and charge my phone whenever I am on wifi. My only question would be this: how many devices can be linked up to it and charging at one time and what is the range of the main piece? If your phone can only be three feet away it does not do a whole lot of good unless you have multiple ports placed all around the house.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a really good idea and an even better idea when you can use anyone's charger no matter what kind of phone it is as long as its on Wifi then you are connected. I think there might be some problems to this charger like the signal going in and out while you walk through out your house.
ReplyDeleteWho would even think of something so dynamic such as this? Im amazed at what we can do and as long as we have an idea for something it can be made possible. The only thing that I was thinking about while this video was playing was what happens to the devices charging ability if its constantly being charged. I know that at&t told me to let my phone completely die at least once a month so that it can continue to use the full amount of charge. If your charge never gets down to 1% then it'll somehow stop using it and it'll die at 2% because that last percent is no longer working. I wonder if were constantly charging our phones if they would have to stay that way and end up needing at least like 80% charge to work. Other than that one concern this seems effortless and will make people never have to worry about cables or chargers again.
ReplyDeleteIf 100% safe, this product is going revolutionize the way we charge all devices, and make these guys a lot of money. I love the idea because phones would last much longer because the battery would not experience full cycle energy losses. The reason I would utilize this technology is because I have ruined countless chargers. Either the wiring goes bad, or the part that plugs into the phone breaks off. This idea could also eliminate the number of outlets needed in today's world, which could reduce the number of fires. I will defiantly be looking at this product's price point in the future.
ReplyDeleteThis is a brilliant idea. I will be interested to see how it affects these technologies and the way they are constructed in the future. I, too, have similar questions about it like my classmates have. How far would the range be on something like that? Would you be able to use it like wifi? It is very exciting to see these types of technology advance like this, and makes me wonder what they will come out with next.
ReplyDeleteI think as long as this was safe, it would be the best thing EVER! We would never have to buy batteries again. Im sure it would cost a lot to buy one but in the long run it would be worth it because you would not be buying batteries anymore.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good idea for charging your phone but I would honestly just use my phone charger. It's easier and seems less difficult. Although I do think many people will be interested and benefit from this.
ReplyDeleteThis is really interesting and things like this always make me think, what's next? Flying cars? I wonder if they are going to find ways that it may harm people in the future. I feel like this will keep people on their phone even more than they already are, since they don't have to sit near where it's plugged in. I'm interested to see if this actually becomes popular or not.
ReplyDeleteThis kind of shows how fast technology is improving, I just found out about the wireless charger that you had to sit your phone on, but now I'm learning they're improving that! This would be great for anyone with a life, but even more for the teachers who use techonolgy all the time. We could make anything we wanted portable and not have to worry about it dying. I'm sure there will be a way to connect to more than one device not too long after this. Its pretty great!
ReplyDeleteI think that this is definitely a great idea since there is such a high need for electricity to charge electronics these days. However, I am concerned by the way the devices will be charged through "radio waves." I feel like this could cause major health defects. I wonder if there is a better way of going about the charging, perhaps through the use of mini solar panels? I feel like this would be less expensive and less harmful to people's bodies. If an idea like this were to kick off though, I may be a fantastic thing to kick off at schools. Students would be able to use Ipads and other devices to learn with, without the mess of cords or the pain of plugging the devices in to charge. Overall, I think that this is a very good potential idea. However, I think that there are several things that can be changed to better it. I am excited to see where this will lead our society in the future!
ReplyDeleteI think this is very neat and showing how much technology is changing everyday. It makes it possible for everyone to have technology at their hand 24/7...which I'm not too sure if that's okay. Sometimes, you don't need to have your phone at hand throughout the day. It's like those watches where you can still text if your phone is no where to be found. I just feel like this is changing the world in a way that we might not be ready for. Students will be using their cell phones nonstop and overall everyone will be. Sometimes it's nice to have your phone die and you actually look up from the cell phone and enjoy being around their families or friends and such.
ReplyDeleteI think this wireless way of charging devices would be great, especially in classrooms. With technology being more popular in classrooms today, students and teachers do not have to worry about their devices going dead. It is also less of a hassle to have to worry about if you brought your device's charger cord. I know I personally forget my charger all the time so to have an invention such as this would be amazing.
ReplyDeleteI think this is amazing. I love the idea of never having to charge a phone ever again. It's always a Nuisance to grab the charger and plug the phone in. I was worried about how safe it was for humans but he made a valid point by saying that if our cellphone is considered safe, then that machine that wirelessly charges it, is safe as well. I would love to have one of these to own. I think it would be useful to have them everywhere that way phones never die. Hopefully mulitiple devices can charge on the same machine at once. I would love to see this become a thing.
ReplyDeleteI think as long as this was safe, it is a good idea. We would never have to buy batteries again and I think that is very interesting, considering some people need batteries for their phones. It would also be beneficial in a classroom because of all the devices that are used and will be used. I think having a charger all the time would be amazing, my phone is always dying no matter what so I think it's a great idea!
ReplyDelete