Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Infographic of Technology

The Evolution of Learning Technologies
The Evolution of Learning Technologies | Open Colleges

3 comments:

  1. It's really mind-blowing to think about how since the beginning of time pretty much, human nature is to move one step ahead. I also think it's interesting that so much of the technology that we pretty much consider to be brand new today has actually been around for a lot longer that people realize. Like the computer tablet with a touch-sensitive screen actually came out in 1989. This infographic was really eye-opening to how far humans have come with technology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most surprising fact for me was the release of the computer tablet with touch screen capability in 1989! To me, this is fairly new technology. To think about it existing before I was born is unbelievable. The evolution of technology has been phenomenal. What the future will bring I'm sure is greater than I can imagine. Phones alone have developed substantially during my 22 years on Earth. Keeping up with technological advances is essential to embracing modern technology.

      Delete
  2. All of the technology of the past that we were excited about a few years ago (I was the first person at my job in 2008 to get a sidekick phone, I thought it was the coolest thing) is mostly obsolete in present day. It's not a big deal to have a flash drive that can hold 32gb when the cloud can hold exponentially more than that. And the price drop since the 80s! $3000 for a tablet is unreal; I could buy 4 fairly decent brand new laptops for that price.

    ReplyDelete